Friday 27 July 2012

A note on making sense (making sense of your notes)

So many ideas. Well what to do with them? There is no simple one way. But in this post ill run over a few process of developing notes in to ideas.

First up. You make a few notes on a page. Then later you’re flicking throw your note book and you see your old notes and build on it. You might also hit a dead end so write a question on what to do next. Or something you need to research. The idea will slowly develop.

When I was working on a coin routine using a purse frame I had lots of lists.


-Effects with four coins,
-Patter about coins
-Options other than coins,
-Ideas and diagrams of pocket management.

I then just pick out what I want. So a story line. Then a pick of effects from the list of effects. So your trying to get a begging a middle and a end. A coin routine using four coins  with a story of street cons. And a routine using bottle caps. Came out of this.

Next up is something I use more for the development of our science in a van shows. I call it the brain. It’s a A2 board. The image below is of the brain I used for our material show for schools.



First up across the top is aims of the show. Then i marked areas for the intro and other sections in the show. Then I wrote down all the material based demo I could find along with information notes. Then I started to re-sort the info into a show format. The benefits of this is you can have a brain dump of ideas the stick them at the bottom a there when there needed, if needed.

This I a quick intro in a few ideas of how I have developed puzzlement and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment