Friday 13 July 2012

Notes and Books.

Weather you’re working a new trick, story line, routine, and joke or developing your charter a note book is something to consider. In this post we look at recording ideas. I hope that it helps you as you work on ideas.


 First up the note book. This comes in many forms. Whatever form it need to be easy accessible. I buy well bound note pads about an inch thick. These stand up to begin carried around in a bag and beaten up a bit. They last me about 8 months which is good as you will refer back and develop ideas. You can use digital format or even just audio record your notes.


Whatever you chose make sure you use it. Record all ideas and thoughts. It does not matter how much or how little you put in. Also what you write now might not be much but keep going over it and thinking about it. Your notice your idea grows.


When I have a gig I write down what the client as requested. Then draw up a set list around that. I make notes of any changes needed to set routines. And after a gig I write down how it went good and bad.


I have lots of list which are drawn up from thinking sessions. Tricks that need no re-set and do not need a table for example. Don’t be afraid to stick things in to your note book. Also does not matter how bad they are draw in there. I have drawn out patter for mirror boxes construction in mine which later got built and worked well.


So use your note books to plant future puzzlement and wonder. Next up we will look at developing ideas more.

No comments:

Post a Comment